Guest: I kind of promised I wouldn't ask this question. (I've mentioned it to people and they said, "Oh, don't.") But, this is a quick one: Why do dogs risk getting bugs in their eyes by sticking their heads out of car windows?
Abraham: Well, tell your friends that you have given us an opportunity to give the answer we have been waiting a very long time to give. And that is, because the contrast of the bugs in the eyes is a small price to pay for the exhilaration of that ride. And it is exactly the same way you felt when you made the decision to come into this physical existence. You knew there would be contrast here, but you said, the ride is going to be worth it!
Excerpted from the workshop in San Francisco, CA on Saturday, July 30th, 2005
Friday, February 12, 2010
Because you know your own animals so well, you may find that your logical mind gets in the way when you try to hear what they are saying to you. You may think that what you are hearing, thinking or feeling are actually coming from you instead of your own animal friend. You may struggle to sort through what you are getting and wonder what your own thoughts are versus those of your beloved animal. You may be able to confirm what you are getting by watching your animal and looking for clues in it's behavior.
It is easier to receive confirmation when you are talking with an animal that belongs to someone else. You just simply ask their human for validation or confirmation.
Here are a few tips to help you communicate with you own animal companions.
1) If you feel that your animal is trying to communicate with you, they are. Stop and take some quiet time to listen.
2) Whatever you get, believe that it is from your animal. If you do not accept that the information is from your animal you will begin to second guess yourself.
3) Ask your animal for confirmation if you are not sure what you received or ask them to send the information to you again. Often times, they will send you the information in a different way.
4) Trust, trust and trust. Trust the information you are receiving!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Two of the ways that you can communicate with your animal companion are: (1) Speaking your message out loud and (2) Using your thoughts to send your message.
Saying your message out loud is an effective way of communicating with your animal companion. Simply state your question or message in a normal tone of voice while focusing on your animal companion. It is important that you hold a belief that your animal can hear you and understand you. Also focusing on you animal by looking into its eyes or face will also help. Your animal companion will hear you and you will be able to observe their reaction.
Another method is sending your message or question via thoughts or energy. I call this energetic communication. There really is no difference between saying what you want to communicate out loud and thinking it. The energy is the same for both. Thinking your message or question is generally easier and faster but requires focus and concentration. Closing your eyes will help remove external distractions. Setting an intention that your thoughts or energetic message will be received and understood by your animal friend will also help.
Both of these methods are very effective ways to communicate with your animal companion. And the two keys for helping these methods work for you are believing that it is possible and trusting that it will work.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Animal Communication is a form of intuitive or telepathic communication, a non-verbal language. It is something that we are born with and is a very natural ability. When we are babies, we see animals as being no different then ourselves. They are simply just little furry balls of love and fun; who speak the same language as we do. As we get older we are taught to speak using language and we begin to forget that speaking telepathically is even possible. We are also taught that animals are less intelligent and inferior to humans and are unable to think, feel or make choices for themselves.
Intuition is present within each and every one of us, but many of us are unaware of it. You may have turned it off when you were younger or you may use it and be unaware that you are doing so. But I can assure you, it’s there. Whether you know it is there or not, it exists within you and you can be taught to access it again. You may also have found that when you follow your intuition, circumstances usually work out for the best. Here are a few everyday situations that highlight the use of intuition.
- Knowing who is on the telephone before you pick it up.
- Thinking about or singing a particular song and then switching on the radio and it’s playing.
- Having recurring thoughts of a specific person for a few days and then receiving a phone call or email from them.
- Recognizing that someone is upset or angry even if there is no external sign.
- Changing lanes on the highway just in time to avoid an accident or a traffic jam.
- Suddenly feeling an unexplainable dislike or uncertainty about someone or something. (This is your intuition telling you to pay attention or watch out.)
Your intuition is your channel for connecting to and understanding what your animal companions are saying. You mentally and emotionally send information and receive information (telepathy) through your intuitive channel (energetic connection). Intuitive information is transmitted via six separate and distinct ways: hearing, seeing, knowing, feeling, smelling or tasting. None of these methods is better then the other and many times information comes through in more then just one way.
Animal Communication can be helpful for many common behavioral problems. It is guaranteed to deepen your understanding and enhance your relationship with your animal companions. Connecting with your animal intuitively can help you:
- Determine if your animal companion has any health issues or concerns.
- Know what they need to be happy, comfortable and content.
- Achieve a greater understanding of each other and improve your relationship.
- To know what their wishes are in regards to death and dying.
- With adopting new animals and introducing them to your family.
- Find out about a rescued animal’s past.
- With puzzling or curious behavior.
I believe that everyone can learn to use their intuitive channel to talk to and understand their animal companions. People that are more inclined to use their right brain or who practice creative activities regularly may find it easier. However, with practice, an open mind, trust and patience anyone can tune into the thoughts of their animal friends.
Our animal companions are amazing teachers and healers. One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is learning to hear what they have to say. Just like infants and small children, they remain very clear and connected to spirit. They live in the present moment and consistently practice unconditional love. What they want most for themselves is to be heard, to be loved and to be understood. What they want most for us, is exactly the same.
Have you listened to your own animal companion today?